Transition Professionals / Carers
It’s My Life
This training event delivered by Council for Disabled in partnership with Face Front Theatre looks at the Mental Capacity Act 2005 and supported decision-making through an interactive performance.
Who should attend?
- Professionals, such as school and college staff, who are working directly with disabled young people and those with SEN;
- Professionals involved in informing, developing and coordinating EHC plans across education, health and social care and across children’s and adults’ services.
- Explore the different experiences of young people and families through an interactive performance by Face Front Inclusive Theatre, a group of Learning Disabled artists.
- Understand the 5 key principles of the Mental Capacity Act 2005 and how to apply them in practice
- Learn practical person-centred approaches for involving young people in decision-making, whether or not they have capacity, including use of the ‘best interest checklist’
Conference hall/ large hall.
7 learning disabled actors/ facilitators.
1 Production manager.
In 2016 & 2017 we toured to London, Birmingham, Brighton and Manchester.