Years 9 – 10 (Performance). Years 7 – 10 (Workshop)
120 (performance). 30 per workshop, maximum 4/5 workshops per day per team of 2 – 8/10 with two workshop
Sex and relationships
The performance raises awareness of the issue of consent, the dangers of ‘sexting’ and online bullying and the negative role of pornography in relationships.
It helps young people to make informed, responsible and healthy choices, helping to prevent teenage pregnancy and STI’s.
It is based on the ‘Forum Theatre’ style, as a performance workshop through which the audience explore how to make positive outcomes through changing the actions of the characters.
The separate workshop covers the same issues with smaller groups.
- To explore sex and relationships, enabling young people to make positive and informed decisions.
- To recognize the consequences of risk-taking behavior.
- To learn how to keep safe online and the emotional and legal consequences of ‘Sexting’.
- To understand peer pressure around alcohol and sex - raising awareness about the effects.
- To identify and signpost options for sexual health.
110 mins (including access to the space)
A hall (Performance). A cleared classroom, drama studio, hall (Workshops)
A teacher’s pack with Powerpoint presentation (Performance)
Four actor/facilitators (Performance). Two actor/facilitators (per workshop).
‘SexFM’ first toured as a play in 2000 in partnership with Enfield and Haringey health and education teams. It has been touring North and East London every year since.
It was developed into a performance workshop and since 2009 has been reaching an average 4500 young people per year.
Our workshops based on the themes of ‘SexFM’ have been running since 2005.
They are particularly popular for SRE ‘carousel’ days and on average we work with 2000 young people per year.
SexFM was funded by Enfield Council, Haringey Council, Tottenham Grammar School Foundation.